What's new

"Real" Kali Mist

goldskunk

Easy haze - kali mist x yumbolt
kali11.jpg

kali22.jpg

part2-5-2.jpg

It has some red tones on the stems of the leaves.
Harvest 10/20 in bottle 2/3 weeks intense hard smell, not at all sweet. I haven't smoked yet

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I am sure that 2007 is similar to 2022 version. but pre98 kalimist is different. there is cut of it out there... so there are two versions, second version was made at 1998. pre98 kalimist is first version.

Simon from Serious:

"They talk about the 90's Kali mist and think that in 2000 it became a bigger yielder etc. but that is not true.

In 2000 it went BACK to being the energy giving sativa it was before I made the 2nd version in 1998. Indeed, this seed was bought around 2005 and it is the present-till-this-day version.
The same version you can still buy today and which has won 12 of the 14 awards behind its name. From the pics and the descriptions it is clear why it won so many awards. I'm glad that people realize that THIS is the real Kali Mist. There is so much bull shit and negative stuff from people just parroting others without experience of their own.
Simon"

i.love.scotch

I am sure that 2007 is similar to 2022 version. but pre98 kalimist is different. there is cut of it out there... so there are two versions, second version was made at 1998. pre98 kalimist is first version.

Simon from Serious:

"They talk about the 90's Kali mist and think that in 2000 it became a bigger yielder etc. but that is not true.

In 2000 it went BACK to being the energy giving sativa it was before I made the 2nd version in 1998. Indeed, this seed was bought around 2005 and it is the present-till-this-day version.
The same version you can still buy today and which has won 12 of the 14 awards behind its name. From the pics and the descriptions it is clear why it won so many awards. I'm glad that people realize that THIS is the real Kali Mist. There is so much bull shit and negative stuff from people just parroting others without experience of their own.
Simon"
Great post Maha, thanks for that quote from Simon. I think perhaps the Kali Mist I personally remember is the 98 one (the changed one). The one I remember certainly wasn't energy giving. It was devastating.

I hope one day things are fully legal all around and preservists can make available old clones publicly so we can all grow them side by side and see what's what from our memory. How cool would it be to grow pre 98, 98 and modern Kali Mist 'breeders cuts' and compare them all. I know some people are doing that now with old SSH cuts and the C5 and A5.

I think it's important these foundational genetics are experienced by people who want to better understand the history and these cultivars' influence in the modern polyhybrids

and can you name some modern polyhybrids where kalimist is present? I remember kali snapple or ms. universe, but dont see it around much.

sonic seeds were selling S1s of pre98 kalimist
Kingdom Organic Seeds has a couple of crosses with a mother he calls “Kali Thai”

From his description on the website:

“The (maternal P1) female, is a hybrid made by an old buddy of mine (Opie Kenope); like, well over a decade ago. She’s called Kali Thai (KT), and talk about some serious potency, whoa! The Kali Thai is a 2-way F1 hybrid, made using (pre 2000 genetics) Kali Mist, and Juicyfruit Thai. The JFT was not the true sativa dominant JFT from Holland, this was the shorter stouter indica looking version, out of Canada.”

i.love.scotch

and can you name some modern polyhybrids where kalimist is present? I remember kali snapple or ms. universe, but dont see it around much.

sonic seeds were selling S1s of pre98 kalimist
Medical Seeds 'Y Griega' is one, Amnesia x Kali Mist. I think there is some cool stuff to be found in there.

I just meant in general, it would be fantastic if we could all try these historic 'benchmark' strains.

Thanks for the tip on Sonic, I'll check them out

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I've read this several times by people who have actually grown new stock. People believe the myths, stories, hype etc without actually trying the genetics. Best advice would be to buy it from the source, not some company selling their version. I've seen picks of the ak47 and it looks identical to adverts from 20 years ago.
Great post. I can't speak for Kali Mist, but I bought Sensi JH some years ago despite everyone saying it wasn't good anymore. I got an outstanding plant just like the pic on their site. Wish I still had it. Such a great high.

Persianfarmer

Hello,

I had Kali Mist bud circa 2012 from mail order up here in Canada that was my favourite smoke of all time.

Exotic, dark aromas of spice, pepper, leather, incense. Nothing sweet or fruity about it in any way. It is my all time favourite herb. Intense and immediate all encompassing high. Hits you like a smack in the face and your suddenly way up in the clouds.

Worst part is there was 1 seed in that batch, but I lost it in a move.

Anyway it's my mission to find these genetics and preserve them. As I have researched and I look back it seems there have been Many versions of Kali Mist and many people have a different idea of Kali Mist than what I remember but then also some people recall a similar one to me.

I've seen many Kali Mist on the market both bud and seed and many are fruity happy go lucky, mellow fun sativa, good vibes stuff. While they seem great it's not what I'm interested in at all. The Kali I remember was serious herb, very savoury and nothing light or fruity about it.

i have personally grown Y Griega from Medical Seeds (Amnesia x Kali Mist) and also Kali Mystery from Bulkseedbank. Both are decent but neither have what I'm looking for. It seems the Kali Mist in Spain is something other than the Kali I remember.

The high is nice but the aroma and flavour are sweet and kind of neutral. Whereas the Kali I remember is the loudest most in your face exotic aromas I have ever come across. (Dont think it's an issue with my grow either, I don't normally have any problem with plants being neutral or not expressing themselves)

i enquired with AKBeanBrains about his Kali Mist F4 (made from thelostoros F3) and while he mentioned some incense and spice in his genetics he also mentioned lemon and typical NLD aromas. So doesn't seem like what I'm looking for.

The Kali I remember also has a very distinct look, pale green calyxs with dark leaflets and dark red/brown pistils.

Some references I have found that seem to be the Kali Mist I am looking for are an old thread of JoeShmoe Kali Mist smoke report which I can't seem to find anymore.

And also! What has rekindled my interest just recently is I saw on @DJM instagram from a few years ago that he did a Kali Mist hunt from old Serious stock and found some phenos that sound exactly like what I'm looking for. I haven't been able to get ahold of him so not sure if those genetics still exist.

I am also aware of Western Winds, which many people reference as the "original" Kali Mist but I don't have confidence current WW stock is of anything reliable.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated!

kind regards
Hiya Single Malt,

For long time I wanted to grow AK47 and Kali Mist, and recently the only place I could find having regular seeds was Serious Seeds (as I wanted to use them as basis to cross with interesting persians, specially Hashplant). Could you let me know if you have any grow diaries for the KM outdoors?
Best,
PF

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
you dont have to doubt. it is practically sure you cant find it in second version of KM.

but KM is not only cambodian/haze hybrid available. there is mako haze or scavengers daughter from Rare Dankness.. I am sure there are some more.