What's new

"Real" Kali Mist

i.love.scotch

At day 28 the leaves are starting to thin out on my Kali Mist x Black Domina (Ripper Seeds). This got my excited.

Attachments

• PXL_20231020_051155976.jpg
    PXL_20231020_051155976.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 82

need4weed

Veteran
Just grew kali mist and made a shitload of seeds and hybrids... still the same plants as the ones we grew in 2007 exept these seeds were bought in 2020... was quite happy
I've read this several times by people who have actually grown new stock. People believe the myths, stories, hype etc without actually trying the genetics. Best advice would be to buy it from the source, not some company selling their version. I've seen picks of the ak47 and it looks identical to adverts from 20 years ago.

i.love.scotch

I've read this several times by people who have actually grown new stock. People believe the myths, stories, hype etc without actually trying the genetics. Best advice would be to buy it from the source, not some company selling their version. I've seen picks of the ak47 and it looks identical to adverts from 20 years ago.
That is a great point. I have been talking to someone on IG that grew 2022 stock Kali Mist fems and said his results line up pretty well with how I remember the Kali. He's going to gift me to some bud to try out so I'm excited for that.

It might convince me to buy some of the new stuff. I'd prob try both the fems and regs out just to see if theres much of a difference.

Edit: I should add it's no small committment to run new gear. Just 'trying' something out can take a pretty large amount of time and resources to do properly. Hence the hesitation when sometimes we see indica hybrid looking purple plants from some grow reports of things that are supposed to be Haze, etc

Last edited:

need4weed

Veteran
That is a great point. I have been talking to someone on IG that grew 2022 stock Kali Mist fems and said his results line up pretty well with how I remember the Kali. He's going to gift me to some bud to try out so I'm excited for that.

It might convince me to buy some of the new stuff. I'd prob try both the fems and regs out just to see if theres much of a difference.

Edit: I should add it's no small committment to run new gear. Just 'trying' something out can take a pretty large amount of time and resources to do properly. Hence the hesitation when sometimes we see indica hybrid looking purple plants from some grow reports of things that are supposed to be Haze, etc
I onow what you mean about commitment man, but seriously seeds were and are pioneer breeders. More than 25 years in business with more awards than most. They still carry out real breeding practices and don't follow the latest trends. I don't think you'll go wrong with any of their gear

LHC

Hi @i.love.scotch,

If you want to look into crosses with the old Kali Mist, Ace seeds has a few. Look at the Ace Seeds forum on this site. 1. gen crosses will be Kali China and Nepal Mist. And then again there is many crosses with Kali China as a parent.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Wow I am so excited with how this Kali Mist x Black Domina is turning out so far. Looks almost like straight Kali to me. This is exactly what I've been after. That club shaped top cola is a sure sign
Yep looks proper but I see some BD as well in more rounded buds and lil bit less foxtails for Sativa.
Anyway great looking plant. 👍

How it smells ?

i.love.scotch

Hi @i.love.scotch,

If you want to look into crosses with the old Kali Mist, Ace seeds has a few. Look at the Ace Seeds forum on this site. 1. gen crosses will be Kali China and Nepal Mist. And then again there is many crosses with Kali China as a parent.

Thanks for the recommendations. I was thrown off with the Nepal Mist description saying it was soft and moderate potency. To me there is nothing moderate about the Kali at all. So perhaps it's just the Nepali side that makes it that way. Kali China sounds good!

LHC

Neither of those is a 1. gen cross, both have been linebred. Nepal Mist is F3 and Kali China F5.
You are correct, I was referring to 1. gen as Kali Mist is one of the parents. And second gen would be for ex Thai Chi. (Thai x Kali China). Suppose I got my terms incorrect. How would you describe it?

goingrey

You are correct, I was referring to 1. gen as Kali Mist is one of the parents. And second gen would be for ex Thai Chi. (Thai x Kali China). Suppose I got my terms incorrect. How would you describe it?
I would call the Nepal Mist an F3 hybrid and the Kali China an F5 hybrid hehe. And the Thai Chi a polyhybrid.

LHC

I would call the Nepal Mist an F3 hybrid and the Kali China an F5 hybrid hehe. And the Thai Chi a polyhybrid.
Yes but how would you describe how far away it is from the Kali Mist?

I see that seedfinder uses the generation term. Maybe I misunderstand it?

goingrey

Yes but how would you describe how far away it is from the Kali Mist?

I see that seedfinder uses the generation term. Maybe I misunderstand it?

F1 means the "first filial generation".

Merriam Webster:
generation: a body of living beings constituting a single step in the line of descent from an ancestor
filial: of, relating to, or befitting a son or daughter

So F1 means that it is one generation away from the parental lines of the cross. F2 is two generations away with both parents being from the first filial generation, F3 three generations away from the parental lines with both parents from the second filial generation...

Reactions: LHC

kaboom777

Veteran
Wow I am so excited with how this Kali Mist x Black Domina is turning out so far. Looks almost like straight Kali to me. This is exactly what I've been after. That club shaped top cola is a sure si
What smell is it giving you?

Last edited:

i.love.scotch

Yep looks proper but I see some BD as well in more rounded buds and lil bit less foxtails for Sativa.
Anyway great looking plant. 👍

How it smells ?

What smell is it giving you?

And where did you get it?

At day 42 she smells mostly of incense

I got the seeds in a trade with an IG friend. I'm not sure if they are still in stock anywhere. It's Kali Mist x Black Domina from Ripper Seeds

kaboom777

Veteran
That's a killer looking Kali! Beautiful. What's she like? Flowering time, smell/taste, high?
Thanks brother.
I like it with 11/12 weeks, you can push it a little more.

The flavor is spicy, the smell metallic. The effect is euphoric, happy, productive.
it can make you a little nervous if you stay on the couch doing nothing, your mind starts to spin.
IMG_20210602_015748.jpg

early_bird

Veteran
I have just grown a pre 98 Kali Mist cut.
Very dark leaves as described, typical "Kali Mist aroma" i know from my plants from a later edition arround 2015, mango-pepper i would say, but not good in smells.
Didn´t stretch much and stay quite compact, as you see in my Report.

Didn´t like the smoke at all. All in the head up-high, ok.
But make me very confused, not very clear. Disconnects me from the ability to express and feel clearly, seperate emotions and be social.
But also remember a very great pheno 2015 or so which i had, yielded terribly, very little plant, was close to throw them away, but grow them till it was ripe and the high was just incredible.

Latest posts

Latest posts