Alissa White-Gluz - Arch Enemy, and other metal hotties..

napalmdeath

I've been an Arch Enemy fan for years, and actually like their earlier stuff with Johan, and Angela best. I somewhat lost interest when Christopher Amott left, (one of my top 5 guitar players - he's a beast), and don't really care for Alissa's vocals.. But, GOD DAMN if she's not hot AF.. Others???
theagonistalissawhitegluz.jpg

ElrF0agWoAEm9kh.jpg
05b32a9cd5fa449281763a0be96c3bba.jpg
46ac4232bfd39beb8ad06edbd3095388.jpg

the agonist played a small club here probably 15 years or so ago and i was in lust lol. she somehow managed to vanish into thin air as soon as the set ended never to be seen again that night, it was impressive

she's smoking for sure, I actually really like her clean singing voice I wish AE would let her use it more

i'm so glad i saw them with their original line up back in jan 2000. Their first 3 albums are just killer. Micheal Ammott is like the next coming of Michael Schenker imo. never liked either of their female singers. felt way too gimmicky to me for some reason. Arch enemy may not have ever got as big with a male singer. I hate to be like that because it sounds like i'm a grumpy incell or something, but i try to see past gender and the dye job, the make up, the clothes, and beyond all that stuff, to the talent aspect, and to me, in her case, there isn't much more than a generic metal growl.

None of these female metal singers make me feel the way i felt when i saw Anneke van Giersbergen live with The Gathering in the early 2000's (amazing show...a very green to live shows Agalloch were the openers). Of course she was beautiful, but the voice, and the stage presence, and the coy, humble, demeanor made me feel like i was falling in love.

she's smoking for sure, I actually really like her clean singing voice I wish AE would let her use it more
Oh yeah, she has a beautiful voice clean.

I think their music actually got lame, and more commercial when she joined. They showcase her hotness vs. writing aggressive metal like the old days. Even with Loomis aboard. I miss Nevermore, because Loomis is an odd fit in this band, (for me anyway). Michael wears the pants, and Loomis really doesn't get involved in the writing.

i'm so glad i saw them with their original line up back in jan 2000. Their first 3 albums are just killer. Micheal Ammott is like the next coming of Michael Schenker imo.
Christopher blows away his brother and is so tasteful. Incredible player. He's like Schenker meets Andy Larocque, with a little Malmsteen.

Michael Amott's best was with Carcass on Heartwork, IMO.

As far as lead work goes, yeah Chris is the stronger of the two, as least on the records. They're both from the Schenker school, and andy larocque is an excellent comparison as well.

Hey she’s been with a dude old enough to be her Dad for almost a decade (Doyle from the Misfits) so there’s hope for you old chunks of coal yet.

Oh yeah, she has a beautiful voice clean.

I think their music actually got lame, and more commercial when she joined. They showcase her hotness vs. writing aggressive metal like the old days. Even with Loomis aboard. I miss Nevermore, because Loomis is an odd fit in this band, (for me anyway). Michael wears the pants, and Loomis really doesn't get involved in the writing.
Nevermore was probably my favorite band for the ten years leading up to Danes passing.
I feel like Loomis is kind of wasted in AE

i'm so glad i saw them with their original line up back in jan 2000. Their first 3 albums are just killer. Micheal Ammott is like the next coming of Michael Schenker imo. never liked either of their female singers. felt way too gimmicky to me for some reason. Arch enemy may not have ever got as big with a male singer. I hate to be like that because it sounds like i'm a grumpy incell or something, but i try to see past gender and the dye job, the make up, the clothes, and beyond all that stuff, to the talent aspect, and to me, in her case, there isn't much more than a generic metal growl.

None of these female metal singers make me feel the way i felt when i saw Anneke van Giersbergen live with The Gathering in the early 2000's (amazing show...a very green to live shows Agalloch were the openers). Of course she was beautiful, but the voice, and the stage presence, and the coy, humble, demeanor made me feel like i was falling in love.

Agalloch has some amazing records

"She painted fire across the skyline" is one of my favorite songs of all time

they were why i went. I drove from detroit to cleveland to see them struggle through a 45 min live set. John was playing a line 6 pod through a carvin x-100b head, and he was having sound problems which he even mentioned to the crowd. It was still worth going for, as The Gathering headlined, and were great even thought i'd never really heard them before then. Agalloch were a much more honed live band when i saw them in 2016ish. One of my favorite bands. I spent a lot of depressed days wrapped in their warm musical blanket.

Christopher blows away his brother and is so tasteful. Incredible player. He's like Schenker meets Andy Larocque, with a little Malmsteen.

Michael Amott's best was with Carcass on Heartwork, IMO.
Didn’t Amott only write like the end solo on heartwork and one more? I know Bill recorded literally every rhythm part on that album.

I remember being shocked when I saw the heartwork reunion show live and bill was playing all the leads I thought Amott had written. Show made me realize I like Bill much more.

There is a funny story going around about how after a gig where dave lombardo filled in on drums with the misfits, Dave walked up to Doyle after, and asked how the gig was, and Doyle just signed Daves jacket, like he was just another fan, and not the guy who just played drums for him. Brilliant. :ROFLMAO:
It’s funny how Alissa is a hardcore vegan but she’s going with one of the biggest meatheads in the business. Ever see Doyle’s rig rundown video from premier guitar? I seriously thought Doyle had brain damage or something. Guy must’ve had some 100 lb plates drop on his head while working out.

Last edited:

Even the hipsters who glommed onto them in the 2000’s couldn’t stop me from loving that band. They also got me tangentially into a lot of neofolk stuff back in the day through their cover of Kneel to the Cross.

A couple of those guys used to be somewhat regulars on the old Unholy Metal chatroom on AOL. They had another band they seemed more focused on originally called Sculptured that was more of a progressive thing (with some of the most pretentious sounding song titles I’ve ever seen). They always seemed like good dudes.

It’s funny how Alissa is a hardcore vegan but she’s going with one of the biggest meatheads in the industry. Ever see Doyle’s rig rundown video from premier guitar? I seriously thought Doyle had brain damage or something. Guy must’ve had some 100 lb plates drop on his head while working out.
The lunkhead even became a vegan for her. I mean maybe he weighed the exchange and came away thinking he had already had all his life to eat meat but this was his last chance to pull younger tail of this quality.

Back