• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snake dies after biting a model's breast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero Hero

8xitsm.jpg

Update from livescience.com:

If Snake That Bit Model Died, It Wasn’t From Silicone Poisoning

After Israeli model Orit Fox was bitten on her surgically-enhanced breast by a snake, rumors began to spread that the serpent died because it was poisoned by silicone ingested from her breast implant. Several news sources reported the gossip as fact, but wildlife experts say it's impossible for a snake to die from biting a human breast – even one that's full of silicone.

"Snakes can eat some really sick animals and not contract mammalian diseases. So I have not heard of a snake getting sick or dying after biting a human," Mark Kilby, owner of the Luray Zoo and Luray Reptile Center in West Luray, Va., told Life's Little Mysteries.

But mostly, snakes aren't vampires. They don't suck when they bite. "I can't see the boa constrictor that bit that model getting any of the contents of the material from the implant, being silicone or saline, in its mouth to cause any ill effect to the boa," Kilby said.

After the bite, Fox was rushed to the Hillel Yaffe Medical Center in Hadera, Israel, and given a tetanus shot – if the snake had actually bitten through deep enough to puncture the implant, Fox would have needed much more serious medical care than just a shot. Fox reportedly stayed for observation and was soon released, so far suffering no long-term damage from the incident.

That the boa constrictor punctured an implant is also unlikely for the simple reason that snakes used during professional stunts, photo shoots and performances are often defanged.

A serpent's natural instinct is to strike when it feels threatened, so even a snake with missing fangs will still attempt to bite an enemy.
http://www.livescience.com/13277-snake-bit-model-died-wasnt-silicone-poisoning.html

I guess it died from shock.

Discover blog also discounts the theory:

The snake did die, but it doesn’t take a snake biologist to explain that it probably wasn’t from silicone poisoning. I went ahead and talked to a snake biologist—University of Sydney scientist Rick Shine—anyway, who wrote in an email: “I’m skeptical—it’s hard to believe that it could have ingested any significant amount of silicone from the bite shown in the video clip.” And even if the snake did get a mouthful of silicone, there isn’t any evidence that medical-grade silicone can poison a snake, he added. (Though he did point out—with a laugh—that some snakes do eat mammals, and this one went straight for mammaries…)
Universidad Central de Venezuela snake biologist Jesus Rivas thinks that it’s probably what happened to the snake after the bite that killed it. As he told me via email, “The film does not go far enough but it seems like they could have man-handled the snake a bit too hard to get her to release (with their hooking teeth releasing is not easy) and they might have killed the snake in that process
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/discoblog/2011/03/16/no-youtubes-fake-boob-biting-snake-didnt-die-of-silicone-poisoning/

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
She is fucking nightmare material. This isn't some sharp knees bullshit, she is seriously horrifying.

Poyunch

Obviously the snake was a hero. It tried to cleanse the world of this evil but it died trying to save us. It couldn't overcome the power.

threenote

Banned
Treefingers said:
what the fuck.
please be a joke please be a joke please be a joke please be a joke please be a joke please be a joke please be a joke please be a joke please be a joke please be a joke please be a joke please be a joke please be a joke please be a joke please be a joke please be a joke please be a joke please be a joke please be a joke please be a joke please be a joke please be a joke please be a joke please be a joke please be a joke please be a joke please be a joke please be a joke please be a joke please be a joke please be a joke please be a joke please be a joke please be a joke please be a joke please be a joke

also: herp derp herp derp

Enco

Treefingers said:
Would be nice to get some eyebleach here. Here, I'll start with a classic:
Thanks!

My eyes weren't gonna last any longer.

RIP snake.

So many snake/model accidents...

sullytao

Bride of Chucky 2 confirmed? If so then huge props to the special effects team for the monster design.

Makes her look human.
TTTiffGo.jpg

Ilúvatar

Well this has been a crushing blow, but somehow I think I will be able to go on with life.

On another note, I think I would probably want to die after touching that creature, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom