Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Baby Stomatella?

Ron99

I have a couple of stomatella snails that arrived as hitchhikers. I have seen them spawning a few times and suddenly about a dozen of these little fellows have shown up. I am assuming they are baby stomatellas but wanted to get some second opinions?

post-40158-1230664513_thumb.jpg

post-40158-1230664627_thumb.jpg

+1

Don't look like stomatellas to me either. I also have a bunch of babies running around, black ones and brown ones. They are much shorter and have that little "helmet" of a shell on thier backs.

Chris

dahliaheartsyou

+1 to nudi

those def. are NOT stomatellas

it's hard to specifically identify types, but as a precautionary measurement, I would dip all coral or zoas and check for eggs and pick any off with tweezers.

Looks like you are all right and I was wrong :-) After looking at these blown up pictures some more and doing a bit of research they do appear to be some sort of Armina nudi. Their colour is very similar to our Stomatellas so that is why I assumed they were offspring. It's odd though as the only addition to our tank in the last while was a couple of snails. I suppose the eggs could have come in on the snails but I don't remember seeing anything like that and these pests just appeared in the last 2 or 3 days. In any case, I have picked out bout 8 of them in the last hour and found what looked like a couple of egg clusters which are now gone. I'll keep a close eye on things.

The one in the second picture showed only a passing interest in those zoas. It moved towards them and then kept on going past them.

Now off to post for another id...

They are like sea bunnies. I have seen them smoking a few times. They probably do it when I'm no looking too ;)

Did you see any "adult stomatellas" smoking lately? :lol:

Archived