F2 baby Kamfa

rosslee

Exodon
MFK Member
May 14, 2020
3.5 inches currently (hes tiny but looks massive here lol) had him for around 6 weeks. Picture taken on a new Samsung S20 no filter but very warm as default, sorry about the cable in background.

I have seen, as all of you have so many questions on "what grade is my fish" as we know there are common traits to look for (body shape, colour, pearls, flowerline....) Now mostly I see people using baselines mostly around kok size and flowerline, and if your fish does not have a straight flowerline, and a massive good KoK, then your fish is almost automaticaly downgraded to a B grade or C grade. And I get this point completly... but what coralation is there to the grade of the fish and the cost of the fish...

This below fish is probably a B grade fish due to Flowerline (hoping it fades out completly) KoK wont be a "massive" one, but based on the bloodline it will have a "Big"one, and there are some deffecting on the pearls but maybe B+ at best.

So whats a B grade fish worth to you?

I ask as I have been offered silly money for this fish vs what I paid, and if I accepted I would make £350 profit. But I see fish listed all the time that are A grade listed for $300-$700 that simply dont compare to this fish...but they do have perfectly straight flowerlines but more commonly just dont seem to have the colour or pearls or snazzy factor.

Will be intersting to hear any feedback.

PS. I am not selling this perticular fish, due to the fact my daughter has said we must keep him lol

thumbnail.jpg

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
3.5 inches currently (hes tiny but looks massive here lol) had him for around 6 weeks. Picture taken on a new Samsung S20 no filter but very warm as default, sorry about the cable in background.

I have seen, as all of you have so many questions on "what grade is my fish" as we know there are common traits to look for (body shape, colour, pearls, flowerline....) Now mostly I see people using baselines mostly around kok size and flowerline, and if your fish does not have a straight flowerline, and a massive good KoK, then your fish is almost automaticaly downgraded to a B grade or C grade. And I get this point completly... but what coralation is there to the grade of the fish and the cost of the fish...

This below fish is probably a B grade fish due to Flowerline (hoping it fades out completly) KoK wont be a "massive" one, but based on the bloodline it will have a "Big"one, and there are some deffecting on the pearls but maybe B+ at best.

So whats a B grade fish worth to you?

I ask as I have been offered silly money for this fish vs what I paid, and if I accepted I would make £350 profit. But I see fish listed all the time that are A grade listed for $300-$700 that simply dont compare to this fish...but they do have perfectly straight flowerlines but more commonly just dont seem to have the colour or pearls or snazzy factor.

Will be intersting to hear any feedback.

PS. I am not selling this perticular fish, due to the fact my daughter has said we must keep him lol

View attachment 1433020
Personally I could see ya getting $100-150 for him. He's got great pearling and a nice body to him but as ya said the flowerline is a bit lacking. As for the kok I'd say it's got a decent one so far for his size. Kamfas aren't known to grow much of a kok in the first place so I wouldn't worry too much about that. Granted if he did have a big kok on him you could almost double that price that I said. Idky but ppl will pay hand over fist to get a good looking kamfa with a big kok.

All in all tho I think I would rate this guy here as a B+. If he had a fully connected flowerline that was a bit more straight then I could see him being a A+ or AA-. If he had all that and a big kok he would easily be a AAA if not a S grade imo.

rosslee

Exodon
MFK Member
May 14, 2020
Interesting Magnus_Bane Magnus_Bane I live in Europe and over here I see much more focus and importance placed on pearls and colour as opposed to perfect traits. From observation nearly all the pretty fish for sale have little to no flowerline. For me personally that's fine as i don't really go for the flowerline look I just want pretty fish. In UK I could sell this fish for easily £4-500 but in your area its maybe only worth $150. Crazy world we live in... must be geographical and supply issues that ultimately dictate the cost of the fish and not really the traits it has.

Its also good to note in UK its very hard to find a good quality ZZ red dragon but good quality Kamfa are easier to find...

rosslee

Exodon
MFK Member
May 14, 2020
Example the below fish is listed for sale for $500!!!!!!!!! It looks like **** but someone will 100% buy it even for that money.

20200919_074435.jpg

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Interesting Magnus_Bane Magnus_Bane I live in Europe and over here I see much more focus and importance placed on pearls and colour as opposed to perfect traits. From observation nearly all the pretty fish for sale have little to no flowerline. For me personally that's fine as i don't really go for the flowerline look I just want pretty fish. In UK I could sell this fish for easily £4-500 but in your area its maybe only worth $150. Crazy world we live in... must be geographical and supply issues that ultimately dictate the cost of the fish and not really the traits it has.

Its also good to note in UK its very hard to find a good quality ZZ red dragon but good quality Kamfa are easier to find...
Yeah I would definitely say it's the opposite over in my area atleast. It's so much easier to find ZZ red dragons then it is to find kamfas. That and even online ya won't find many FH's over $250 for sale in the US. Granted I have seen some being sold for $500 but they usually had a kok almost the same size as their whole body. Even seen one for sale that had 2 koks. Definitely a bizarre mutation to say the least.

Reactions: rosslee

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
You got a beautiful fish. The ginomorus hump craze is definitely bad for hobby as it has crossed abnormal levels, other traits are getting neglected, even defects like large tummy is a common thing now. I don't like paying too much for a fish, flowerhorn prices are already ridiculous, my top is 200 and that's what I would pay for him.

PS: I paid 70 for mine.

rosslee

Exodon
MFK Member
May 14, 2020
You got a beautiful fish. The ginomorus hump craze is definitely bad for hobby as it has crossed abnormal levels, other traits are getting neglected, even defects like large tummy is a common thing now. I don't like paying too much for a fish, flowerhorn prices are already ridiculous, my top is 200 and that's what I would pay for him.

PS: I paid 70 for mine.
Thanks for the feedback man! Your fish for $70 is a steal!

Reactions: Ruturaj
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store