Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Jeep On Major Steroids? - Mike Mas

mxt1.jpg

mxt1.5.jpg

Hey guys - I though you might enjoy a few images of my 4x4 International MXT. In many respects my Gladiator is very similar in looks. The MXT was designed and built only one year in 2008. International offered it in two versions, a civilian model and a military model intended two replace the Hummer.

mxt2.jpg

military.jpg

The truck weighs 10,500 and while the civilian model had limited weight pulling capacity because of the small hitch, the truck could pull 30,000 - 40,000 lbs. This truck was outfitted with a dodge pickup bed. This model is powered by an 300 hp International VT 365 diesel with an Allison transmission.

mxt3.jpg

mxt6.jpg

Because of the 2008 market crash - International aced 6 of their truck models and the MXT was one of them. After spending a year to find one in mint shape, I found this truck in Chicago. A collector / investor purchased this truck with only 200 miles. She was brand new and still had the plastic still on the seats when I bought it. The owner was smart and traveled the US and bought every new MXT he could find in 2008 when they quit making them. The civilian model sold for only around $60-70K, I paid $140K for her in 2012.

mxt7.jpg

mxt8.jpg

mxt10.jpg

The truck was a major animal and would stop traffic where ever I took it. If you parked it, it would take 20 minutes to get in the cab for the questions. After a few years and an offer I could not refuse, I let her go since I was offered an opportunity to buy one of only two trucks built by Freightliner Custom Chassis.

These big 4x4 trucks were built by Freightliner Custom Chassis for the president of the company however they agreed to sell one of the trucks. This pup was very unique since it offered a full “Roll Back” bed which would lay the 8’ bed right on the ground for easy loading and unloading of bikes or whatever. The bed could even be removed with three levers. The last shot shows the bed deployed and still hooked up. Note the trucks had "Big Singles". The entire body was built of aluminum and fiberglass for light weight. It was powered by a Cummins diesel with 1000 lb torque with an Allison, it was pretty damn quick for a 4x4 truck!

Here’s a few images of my Freightliner below.

Enjoy - Mike

f1.jpg

f2.jpg

f3.jpg

f4.jpg

f5.jpg

Sponsored

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Wow, impressive trucks, Mike!

JT614

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Overland '14 JGC Summit '04 TJ Rubi
Vehicle Showcase
f5.jpg

Nice rigs! That roll back bed is pretty amazing. I could see how versatile something like that could be. Maybe @steffen707 can incorporate something like this in his planning, not that he needs more ideas to ponder :)

BTW I haven't seen an r/c heli in ages! Only drones these day. You must live an interesting life my friend!

Sponsored

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
future jt owner
Jeep On Major Steroids? - Mike Mas

mxt1.jpg

mxt1.5.jpg

Hey guys - I though you might enjoy a few images of my 4x4 International MXT. In many respects my Gladiator is very similar in looks. The MXT was designed and built only one year in 2008. International offered it in two versions, a civilian model and a military model intended two replace the Hummer.

mxt2.jpg

military.jpg

The truck weighs 10,500 and while the civilian model had limited weight pulling capacity because of the small hitch, the truck could pull 30,000 - 40,000 lbs. This truck was outfitted with a dodge pickup bed. This model is powered by an 300 hp International VT 365 diesel with an Allison transmission.

mxt3.jpg

mxt6.jpg

Because of the 2008 market crash - International aced 6 of their truck models and the MXT was one of them. After spending a year to find one in mint shape, I found this truck in Chicago. A collector / investor purchased this truck with only 200 miles. She was brand new and still had the plastic still on the seats when I bought it. The owner was smart and traveled the US and bought every new MXT he could find in 2008 when they quit making them. The civilian model sold for only around $60-70K, I paid $140K for her in 2012.

mxt7.jpg

mxt8.jpg

mxt10.jpg

The truck was a major animal and would stop traffic where ever I took it. If you parked it, it would take 20 minutes to get in the cab for the questions. After a few years and an offer I could not refuse, I let her go since I was offered an opportunity to buy one of only two trucks built by Freightliner Custom Chassis.

These big 4x4 trucks were built by Freightliner Custom Chassis for the president of the company however they agreed to sell one of the trucks. This pup was very unique since it offered a full “Roll Back” bed which would lay the 8’ bed right on the ground for easy loading and unloading of bikes or whatever. The bed could even be removed with three levers. The last shot shows the bed deployed and still hooked up. Note the trucks had "Big Singles". The entire body was built of aluminum and fiberglass for light weight. It was powered by a Cummins diesel with 1000 lb torque with an Allison, it was pretty damn quick for a 4x4 truck!

Here’s a few images of my Freightliner below.

Enjoy - Mike

f1.jpg

f2.jpg

f3.jpg

f4.jpg

f5.jpg
Sceadu! I use to fly for Hirobo

OP
OP
LowOnCash

LowOnCash

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Hello - I did too - I flew flew for Hirobo for around 5 years - A long time ago!

I still have 2-3 machines Sceadu's like new you interested?

Mike

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
future jt owner
Hello - I did too - I flew flew for Hirobo for around 5 years - A long time ago!

I still have 2-3 machines Sceadu's like new you interested?

Mike
I finally got rid of my Hirobo stuff a few years ago.Thanks anyway.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

Sponsored

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
@LowOnCash You are into some serious big boy trucks LOL. And here I was thinking the Raptor was too big for me and the Gladiator was just the right size :LOL:.

That MXT though is a seriously good looking truck but I wouldn't want to parallel park that in a mall for sure LOL.

Chadnutz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F-350 4x4
Two questions..

What do you do for a living?
What do you use that truck for?

JT_Todd

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Nice Rigs Mike! #MUV

Then there's the Ford 650 MUV with more cab space...

It's like FU Winobeggo types I go offroad and bring the spa with me! :LOL:

OP
OP
LowOnCash

LowOnCash

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Thanks for all the great reply's guys, I love sharing these trucks. The difference between the CTX and MXT is the CTX is a larger truck, which for the most part, did not make a very good looking pickup like the MXT. Big trucks have always been my hobby, regretfully I no longer own any big trucks. They are difficult to garage and require commercial insurance which is totally outrageous in cost. As of today, my only truck is a Gladiator, which I enjoy since it reminds me of my MXT.

The one guy who asked what I do - My field of work has always been helicopters and drones. In the 80's, I designed the first "successful" military drone for front line surveillance and warfare with rotor spans up to 26 feet. I also provide professional aerial photography for the motion picture industry.

I would like to thank you guys and the administrators or this great forum on the Gladiator / Jeep.

Here's my Web Site:

www.rotory.com

Regards - Mike

mxt pair.JPG