No rear parking lights (Wiring diagram request)

Hello All!

I have a 2020 Sierra 2500HD 6.6 DI OHV. I noticed that both parking tail lights are completely gone. Just checked the fuses according to the manual and they are just fine. I know the trailer connector is separate and it does have voltage there. All the other lights work just fine.

Since the fuses are for left and right parking lights I'm thinking that perhaps there could be a ground distribution issue on the bed, but unfortunately can't find a wiring diagram.

I would like to request your kind advice and insight regarding this matter. Are there any other avenues I can explore to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

MFranco

52 minutes ago, MFranco said:

Hello All!

I have a 2020 Sierra 2500HD 6.6 DI OHV. I noticed that both parking tail lights are completely gone. Just checked the fuses according to the manual and they are just fine. I know the trailer connector is separate and it does have voltage there. All the other lights work just fine.

Since the fuses are for left and right parking lights I'm thinking that perhaps there could be a ground distribution issue on the bed, but unfortunately can't find a wiring diagram.

I would like to request your kind advice and insight regarding this matter. Are there any other avenues I can explore to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

MFranco

I won't be much help, but that there was a very well written post. Very easy to understand what you are needing and what steps you have attempted. 

That said, did you check the bulbs?

Thank you for the kind comments and the advice; everything helps a lot.

I think these are LEDs on the OEM assembly. Although not sure what voltage they should take and the polarity on the connector pins to test the tail light assembly separately.

You didn't state what model you had. Yes, could very well be a led assembly. 

Are you out of factory bumper to bumper warranty by miles? If'n so, I would start by turning just the tails on and check for voltage at the unplugged connector. Here is a screen shot of the all led taillight wire schematic. Right looks the same...859728230_Screenshot_20220406-070845_AdobeAcrobat.thumb.jpg.7f2851a0f928ed4cb7f7e717f26ebd21.jpg

Thank you very much for the diagram; this will definitely help me troubleshoot the issue. I apologize for missing the model in the post. Please pardon my ignorance.

Will send an update ASAP with the outcome of the troubleshooting. 

Thanks again; you are amazing!