What I want the 'PSP 2' to look like, but I know never will.

• 66 results
Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BestUsernameEver

Well, we all know what the 3DS looks like, or at least what the concept looks like, which can't be too far off. But we have no clue what the next PSP will look like. I am fairly certain the reason why they are not really talking about their portable segment this year is because of all the other things they need to work on first. Namely The move, PSN Plus, and 3D. All of those components are going to need some serious dedication and time from Sony to pull off right, and working on the new handheld this year is just too much for them. So next E3, this is what I would love to see when it comes to the next PSP. Clean, comfortable, roomy, 3D screen, UMD slot, or maybe all the games can be released on a sony Memory stick Pro Duo. That would be nice. And most of all, a second analog nub or stick. This design was made by me, and inspired by the design of the my touch 3g
 The new hotness.
 The new hotness.

This is a full render of the above concept.
 This is a full render of the above concept.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I want it to look like this.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kmdrkul

Duel analogs would be a must, but they should be below the buttons.  At least the right side analog stick should, like an Xbox controller.

BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BestUsernameEver
@kmdrkul said:
" Duel analogs would be a must, but they should be below the buttons.  At least the right side analog stick should, like an Xbox controller. "
True. that makes sense. I like the unity of the sides though for design sake.
CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By CoolDrMoney

The thumbsticks should be on the bottom, like every Dual Shock

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WickedFather

White is bad = more light reflected into your eyes = display perceived more dimly.

Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Gmanall

They are not doing psp2 any time soon.....but if they were I would want it to be a 4g cloud gaming system with duel analog sticks......

BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BestUsernameEver
@Gmanall said:
" They are not doing psp2 any time soon.....but if they were I would want it to be a 4g cloud gaming system with duel analog sticks...... "
Yeah, they might announce something in 2011, but I dont expect it until 2012 or later.
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BestUsernameEver
@WickedFather said:
" White is bad = more light reflected into your eyes = display perceived more dimly. "
ehh, looks nice though. I see what you mean about distracting away from the 3d effect, but whatever, just a fan design.
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BestUsernameEver
@RiotBananas said:
" @BestUsernameEver:  NO 3D. EVER. "
Kind looks lackluster next to the 3DS then. I can't imagine sony releasing a new handheld without a killer feature like 3d. They could add on to it some other way, but honestly, I dont think they know what they would add.
Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Brunchies

I hope the thumbsticks are more like the console controllers thumbsticks but I'm not sure how it could work on a handheld.

BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BestUsernameEver
@Brunchies said:
" I hope the thumbsticks are more like the console controllers thumbsticks but I'm not sure how it could work on a handheld. "
Maybe make them really recessed into the device, so when its put into a pocket, it doesnt move around. Thats the only way to make it work, and even that sounds far fetched. I wish they would actually do that though. A dualshock controller with a killer screen would sell pretty well IMO. 
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BestUsernameEver
@CoolDrMoney said:
" The thumbsticks should be on the bottom, like every Dual Shock "
But its not a dualshock, its a psp. But anyway, I fixed it.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By jakob187

I want the PSP2 to look like this: 

No Caption Provided
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BestUsernameEver
@RiotBananas said:
" @BestUsernameEver: Just better tech, better support, more games and a second analogue stick is all that are needed to a PSP2...  

@Brunchies:
  They would stick out all weird like. "
That would be the bare minimum for me, I want something new too, not just an improved PSP. Sure, its another iteration of the PSP, but I want something new, not just another nub.
Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Brunchies
@RiotBananas: Maybe but I really hated the thumbstick on the PSP, a second one like it would just feel really weird.
landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By landon
@jakob187: And you don't even need games to play with it.
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BestUsernameEver
@RiotBananas said:
" @BestUsernameEver said:
" @RiotBananas said:
" @BestUsernameEver: Just better tech, better support, more games and a second analogue stick is all that are needed to a PSP2...  

@Brunchies:
  They would stick out all weird like. "
That would be the bare minimum for me, I want something new too, not just an improved PSP. Sure, its another iteration of the PSP, but I want something new, not just another nub. "
Yeah I agree, but a second nub is something that adds the ability to play a much bigger variety of games whereas 3D just adds a gimmicky way to view stuff.  I know which one I'd rather. "
Yeah, good point, just improve the games and the controls that go with it, and that is a recipe for a good follow up to the PSP. Agreed.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jakob187
@Landon said:
" @jakob187: And you don't even need games to play with it. "
Best deal ever, amirite?
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BestUsernameEver
@jakob187 said:
" @Landon said:
Best deal ever, amirite? "
nope. In fact, I have no idea what that means.
landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By landon
@BestUsernameEver said:
" @jakob187 said:
" @Landon said:
nope. In fact, I have no idea what that means. "
It means me and Jakob want to GET WITH her. Nahm wut I'm sayin'?
Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By Afroman269
@jakob187 said:
" @Landon said:
Ya, it even has dual analog controls.
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BestUsernameEver
@Afroman269 said:
" @jakob187 said:
" @Landon said:
Ya, it even has dual analog controls. "
Yeah, innuendo time.
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BestUsernameEver
@Landon said:

" @BestUsernameEver said:

" @jakob187 said:
" @Landon said:
nope. In fact, I have no idea what that means. "
It means me and Jakob want to GET WITH her. Nahm wut I'm sayin'? "
No I don't. ...

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jakob187
@Afroman269 said:

" @jakob187 said:

" @Landon said:
Ya, it even has dual analog controls. "
I...I just can't beat that.  That was fucking great.  LAWL 

@BestUsernameEver: Here's an illustration that might help: 

No Caption Provided
CSXLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29  Edited By CSXLoser
@BestUsernameEver said:
"

Well, we all know what the 3DS looks like, or at least what the concept looks like, which can't be too far off. But we have no clue what the next PSP will look like. I am fairly certain the reason why they are not really talking about their portable segment this year is because of all the other things they need to work on first. Namely The move, PSN Plus, and 3D. All of those components are going to need some serious dedication and time from Sony to pull off right, and working on the new handheld this year is just too much for them. So next E3, this is what I would love to see when it comes to the next PSP. Clean, comfortable, roomy, 3D screen, UMD slot, or maybe all the games can be released on a sony Memory stick Pro Duo. That would be nice. And most of all, a second analog nub or stick. This design was made by me, and inspired by the design of the my touch 3g
No Caption Provided
"
that D-pad is so spaced out O___O. 
landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By landon
@BestUsernameEver: In all seriousness, The only problem I see with that design is the D-Pad. Its spaced out design makes it a burden for fighting games. You can't do that quarter circle. Also, the sticks are too far out. I feel like I was walking around playing a shooter I would drop it.
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BestUsernameEver
@Landon said:
" @BestUsernameEver: In all seriousness, The only problem I see with that design is the D-Pad. Its spaced out design makes it a burden for fighting games. You can't do that quarter circle. Also, the sticks are too far out. I feel like I was walking around playing a shooter I would drop it. "
Yeah, solid points. But again, this was all done for the sake of design and clean look. It would not be very good for some genres, but no controller design is.
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BestUsernameEver

Updated and fixed most complaints. This is a nice looking device now.

No Caption Provided
FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#33  Edited By FreakAche

I think that Sony is going to spend a while reevaluating their strategy before they take another stab at the handheld market. I am really curious to see what they do next though and whether it will be positioned as a direct competitor to Nintendo, or something else entirely.

BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BestUsernameEver
@FreakAche said:
" I think that Sony is going to spend a while reevaluating their strategy before they take another stab at the handheld market. I am really curious to see what they do next though and whether it will be positioned as a direct competitor to Nintendo, or something else entirely. "
Yeah. The PSP was defintly targeted to the Nintendo competition, but they sort of aimed at an older crowd. That obviously didn't work out well, because no one wants to play a console styled game on the go. So I really want to see if they aim for the all ages demographic this time, and see what happens. I bet it will be good, but not 3ds good.
buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By buzz_clik
@Fragstoff said:
" I just hope it has DOT MATRIX "

You're right - it's about time they fired up the reboot of the Spaceballs franchise.

@jakob187: Well played, sir.
AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AndrewGaspar

They should replace the XMB with Google's Android OS. Sony is already going to be including Google's new Google TV (a Chrome/Android hybrid meant for use in the living room) in their new TVs and Blu-ray boxes. It would help Sony compete with iOS devices and with the DS by having a richer feature set. It doesn't necessarily need to be a phone, just have access to the Android app store.

BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BestUsernameEver
@AndrewGaspar said:
" They should replace the XMB with Google's Android OS. Sony is already going to be including Google's new Google TV (a Chrome/Android hybrid meant for use in the living room) in their new TVs and Blu-ray boxes. It would help Sony compete with iOS devices and with the DS by having a richer feature set. It doesn't necessarily need to be a phone, just have access to the Android app store. "

No Caption Provided
ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ShaunassNZ
@RiotBananas: I hate you!
AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By AndrewGaspar
@BestUsernameEver: Haha. Love you. But no custom skin. I want pure, unadulterated stock Android. Of course, the OS would probably have to be edited somewhat to accommodate the PlayStation Store and such. But having Android on the PSP2 could not hurt it.
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BestUsernameEver
@AndrewGaspar said:
" @BestUsernameEver: Haha. Love you. But no custom skin. I want pure, unadulterated stock Android. Of course, the OS would probably have to be edited somewhat to accommodate the PlayStation Store and such. But having Android on the PSP2 could not hurt it. "
That wasn't a custom skin lol. But yes, Android would rule if it came on the psp.
AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By AndrewGaspar
@BestUsernameEver: Isn't that the Sense keyboard?  

But yeah, with Android OS, you could easily play Gameboy and NES ROMs using the emulators on the Store and they will actually play well because they have good game controls to play on.
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BestUsernameEver
@AndrewGaspar said:
" @BestUsernameEver: Isn't that the Sense keyboard?   But yeah, with Android OS, you could easily play Gameboy and NES ROMs using the emulators on the Store and they will actually play well because they have good game controls to play on. "

This one is HTC sense.
 This one is HTC sense.
Yeah, that would open up the psp to so many games and cool apps, that I would seriously think twice about picking up the 3ds.
AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By AndrewGaspar
@BestUsernameEver: They're both Sense. ;) The other one is just when the phone is in landscape and this one is when it's in portrait. I think this one is more recent, though, because it has the speech-to-text function. 

But yep. They could even sell it as both a phone and stand alone. Maybe they could even sell it unlocked so you can choose your carrier. 

However, it's silly to speculate on this stuff, because it would never happen. =(
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BestUsernameEver
@AndrewGaspar said:
" @BestUsernameEver: They're both Sense. ;) The other one is just when the phone is in landscape and this one is when it's in portrait. I think this one is more recent, though, because it has the speech-to-text function.  But yep. They could even sell it as both a phone and stand alone. Maybe they could even sell it unlocked so you can choose your carrier.  However, it's silly to speculate on this stuff, because it would never happen. =( "
I own a mytouch 3g, (without sense) and that is exactly how the keyboard looks. That build is stock android 1.6. And also, they could slap the Sony ericson name on after psp, and market as a gaming phone. But this gaming phone would be kickass because it would be a psp2, with a phone, with 70,000 android apps and games.
AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By AndrewGaspar
@BestUsernameEver: Well, the myTouch 3G is an HTC phone. Maybe Google has updated the keyboard since 1.6 because the keyboard on the Droid and Nexus One, phones which both run stock Android, is different. 

Anyway, the apps would be the best part. Of course, Sony probably doesn't want to compete against another games store on its own device. If we could see Android on the PSP2, I would definitely buy one, but I know it probably won't happen for branding reasons.
FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#46  Edited By FacelessVixen
@jakob187: I like the way you think.
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BestUsernameEver
@AndrewGaspar said:

" @BestUsernameEver: Well, the myTouch 3G is an HTC phone. Maybe Google has updated the keyboard since 1.6 because the keyboard on the Droid and Nexus One, phones which both run stock Android, is different.  Anyway, the apps would be the best part. Of course, Sony probably doesn't want to compete against another games store on its own device. If we could see Android on the PSP2, I would definitely buy one, but I know it probably won't happen for branding reasons. "

definitely not. Not to be rude, but I kind of know Android well. And I have the stock Android. There is no reason to update the keyboard to sense, and leave everything else. It would be hard to code, and not worth TMobile or HTC's time. Sir, that IS default android on the psp2 mock up.
schizogony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By schizogony

That's beautiful. I love it. I'd buy it.

BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By BestUsernameEver
@schizogony said:
" That's beautiful. I love it. I'd buy it. "
Thank you.
AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#50  Edited By AlwaysAngry

Duel analog stick would be a big no no. That means instead of original PSP games, it would get shitty PS3 ports.