Sign in to follow this  
ED-209

Medieval shop signs

I had the old Guarded Inn (6967) set as a child, and always loved the little tavern sign it came with:

2335px7.jpg

Unfortunately at some point one of the clips broke, so I thought I'd make a reproduction sticker in homage. The idea then hit me to make a series of medieval shop signs for other merchants in a village.

I'm more active in the minifig customising forum, so I appologise if this isn't really the right forum to post this in (admins please move it if appropriate!) :grin:

Tavern:

Tavern.jpg

Baker:

Baker.jpg

Cheese merchant:

Cheesemerchant.jpg

Blacksmith:

Blacksmith.jpg

Butcher:

Butcher.jpg

Cartwright or wainwright:

Cartwright.jpg

Cooper:

Cooper.jpg

Fletcher:

Fletcher.jpg

Tanner:

Tanner.jpg

All images are 600dpi, and should come out at 15 x 15mm to fit on the standard small flags. Which is also why they're very simple in design too!

Any and all feedback or suggestions would be most welcome! :sweet:

oh! this is great! I have just bought a couple of black flags so this will be perfect! :sweet: i have to use these in my town! thank you so much! :classic:

I like the simplistic designs in each of them, they're all really descriptive. I just think a few of the colors are too garish for a medieval setting, namely the lime green in the cooper's sign, the lemon yellow in the cheese merchant's and the bright blue in the tanner's. Maybe try and tone them down a notch?

Great work! I too love the simplicity of these. I don't build Castle too often, but I'll have to remember these if I do a civilian building.

Edited by Brickdoctor

Like the signs, I think they can I can use them someday in my medieval city!(if you don't mind ofcourse) Well done!

Edited by mcdenbesten

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I appreciate it!

Nobody has any ideas for other shops though? :grin:

I like the simplistic designs in each of them, they're all really descriptive. I just think a few of the colors are too garish for a medieval setting, namely the lime green in the cooper's sign, the lemon yellow in the cheese merchant's and the bright blue in the tanner's. Maybe try and tone them down a notch?

I agree, I might tone down the boarder on the cheese merchant, and possibly lighten the background on the tanner. The background for the cooper looks much more subdued once printed - it's actually the CMYK values of the standard Lego green pieces.

Reminds me of graphics from old Nintendo games such as Final Fantasy. Love them

LOL, Nice observation, I hadn't thought of that! :laugh:

Like the signs, I think they can I can use them someday in my medieval city!(if you don't mind ofcourse) Well done!

Of course you can, that's why I posted them! :classic:

Weird, i cant see the images. :sceptic: I can only see the first one. Oh well, wish at they will show me someday.

Captain Becker

Nobody has any ideas for other shops though? :grin:

Some possible ideas: candlemaker, carpenter, fishmonger, potter, armourer, saddler, scribe, shoemaker, weaver, brewer of ale, shipwright, tailor, bookbinder, glassblower, moneylender, jeweler, stonemason, healer/apothecary/herbalist? :classic:

excellent idea - but the links aren't working, so can't see what's been made. the list of shops is spot on !