Windows Vista Anytime Upgrade

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
empireum
Donator

Windows Vista Anytime Upgrade

Post by empireum »

Just got my free Windows (Vista) Anytime Upgrade DVD (German; 32-bit) and thought I'd share some pics of the actual disc and the case, just in case someone actually cares.

(BTW, I know I suck at taking photos... )

Case, front:

Case, back:

Case, inside:

Booklet, front:

Vista Ultimate R2

Post by Vista Ultimate R2 »

Awesome Thanks for sharing - I'd like to get one of those too, but sadly nowhere over here seems to offer them unless you buy an actual Anytime Upgrade. Do you know what keys it takes, just out of interest, if you use it to perform a clean installation - OEM, retail, or both?

joecool

Post by joecool »

It takes Retail, Retail Upgrade, OEM, OEM-Upgrade Keys & also VLK for Business Edition

Here you can buy the DVD's:
http://www.windowsanytimeupgrade.com/disc/

Vista Ultimate R2

joecool wrote:It takes Retail, Retail Upgrade, OEM, OEM-Upgrade Keys & also VLK for Business Edition

Here you can buy the DVD's:
http://www.windowsanytimeupgrade.com/disc/
Cool - so it's different to the retail discs then, as don't they only take retail keys? Do retail discs take both retail full and retail upgrade keys, or are the discs in each box different? Thanks for the link by the way, it looks like it's only going to cost £2.48 so I might get one

Edit: just ordered 32-bit English for £2.48 They've got loads of languages and you can get them all in 32 and 64-bit - shame you have to pay the £2.48 for every disc though, I can't see a way of adding more than one disc to the cart and only paying one shipping fee for several. The Hebrew one might be interesting, anyone know if it's all right-to-left?

Has anyone had a disc this way? I was just wondering whether they will definitely send it out, seeing as they know I haven't bought an actual Anytime Upgrade.

merty

Post by merty »

Damn not available in Australia .
*Sigh* Guess I will have to wait.

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

merty wrote:Damn not available in Australia .
*Sigh* Guess I will have to wait.
same here

joecool

Post by joecool »

The Anytime Upgrade Disc is Identic with a Retail and Systembuilder DVD!!

They have all the same images on the DVD
only the key decides what Version is installed (Retail, Upgrade, SB,....)

Vista Ultimate R2

I thought you couldn't use OEM keys on a retail disc though? (I don't have any OEM keys or I would try it out with my retail Business DVD)

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

joecool wrote:The Anytime Upgrade Disc is Identic with a Retail and Systembuilder DVD!!

They have all the same images on the DVD
only the key decides what Version is installed (Retail, Upgrade, SB,....)
i hope they open this up to the rest of the world soon, i need a vista dvd

twermund

Post by twermund »

I got one of these discs with a new Compaq that I bought for my uncle, and I had nothing but trouble with it, so it just broke down and loaded Longhorn Reloaded onto it, seeing as that seems to work better anyway.

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

you will have trouble with longhorn reloaded soon enough

NfsX

Post by NfsX »

Whats the diffrence betwen this Dvd and lets say Ultimate edition.

Vista Ultimate R2

No difference, the contents of this DVD and the DVD inside any of the retail editions of Vista are 100% identical (the actual label printed on the front of the disc is of course different though). The only difference that this DVD doesn't come with a Product Key, so has to be installed without a Key, and therefore can't be activated to continue using your Vista after the 30 day grace period (though of course you can just re-arm it if you want to carry on using it).

The Distractor

Post by The Distractor »

Vista Ultimate R2 wrote:No difference, the contents of this DVD and the DVD inside any of the retail editions of Vista are 100% identical (the actual label printed on the front of the disc is of course different though). The only difference that this DVD doesn't come with a Product Key, so has to be installed without a Key, and therefore can't be activated to continue using your Vista after the 30 day grace period (though of course you can just re-arm it if you want to carry on using it).
Or you can use the pdx activation crack to activate it

Works a treat (for me anyway) and the genuine check doesn't say nothing about it not being genuine!