Vehicle Armour Weak Points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle Armour Weak Points

I tested the armour of all vehicles with a Pilum H-AVR (Engineer AT unlock). All vehicles have 100 Armour Points (APs) to start off with, and have areas where a shot with an anti vehicle round takes off more damage.

When a vehicle has equal or less than 15 armour points, it starts to burn out, and if not repaired in time, gets destroyed. Red colour coded areas take off around 90-95 points of damage, so effectively any shot on red areas mean a kill if no engineer or crate is repairing it.

All numbers below represent the damage taken off the total APs of the vehicle when hit by a Pilum round. For example; a hit on any green area of a Walker takes off 16 points of damage, therefore the Walker is left with a total of 84 APs. e.t.c...

Walkers:

EU: L-5 RIESIG

PAC: T-39 BOGATYR

Number of hits to kill:
    Green: x6
    Light Green: x3
    Orange: x3
    Red:x1

Anything above the midsection is heavily armoured and a direct hit would only take off 16 APs. The legs are slightly weaker taking off 35 points. Walkers also have vents at the underside of the middle section which are vulnerable to all weapons (Taking down a Walker using non AT weapons is possible and takes off 1 AP per bullet). A Pilum hit in one of these vents takes off 90 APs, although the underside around the vents is heavily armoured so you need a direct hit. If you can't access these vents aim for the legs and the weak points between the leg armour which is marked orange and takes off 42 APs. When the Walker is crouched these armour plates pinch together which covers the weak chinks in the leg. Be careful of this, as if you're standing underneath the Walker while he is crouching, your only use to your team will be on pancake day. So be sure to crouch or go prone when you're under a Walker, just in case.

If you're attacking from behind, the back of the middle section is also a vulnerable spot which is marked orange on the diagram and takes off 42 points, the same as the weak points on the legs.

Tanks:

EU: A8 Tiger

PAC: Type 32 Nekomata

Number of hits to kill:
    Green: x5
    Yellow: x2
    Red:x1

Tanks are extremely vulnerable on the rear, one shot with any AT weapon will take off 95 points off the armour. The side and most of the top of the tank is marked yellow and takes off roughly half of the APs (47). Most of the front and the turret (including the secondary gunners turret) is marked green and takes off 20 APs.

When in front, aim for the tracks and from the side aim for the area just behind the turret which will be as good as a rear shot.

APCs:

PAC: BTR-4 Romanov

EU: AVM-2 Groundhog

[Note] The lights on each side are normally red and not weak points in the armour.

Number of hits to kill:
    Green: x4
    Yellow: x2
    Orange: x2

Most of the APC is marked yellow where a hit would take off more than half of the APs (54). The front (marked green) takes off 25 APs. Unlike the tank the APC doesn't have an extremely weak rear area but does have vulnerable vents located at the rear. However an AT weapon hit on these vents only takes off about 66 APs which isnt as much as the 95 points on the tank. Although having less overall armour strength than the tank, the APC counter-acts this with having less weaker areas.

When in front, aim for the wheels and when behind aim for the vents.

The rest of the vehicles have no weak points and a hit anywhere will take off the same amount:

FAVs:90
    Gunships:90
    Hacimotos:90
    Air Transports:60

"Soldier, you deserve a promotion!"

Let me be the first to say...

Sticky please!

Seriously dude, nice work. It must have taken a fair bit of time to get all of this together with the screenshots and all.

-= Edit =-

I know that this is similar to a already stickied post "Armor and you - Hit them where it hurts" at:

But I still think this would be a good sticky as this thread has the screenshots right on the front page as opposed to page 11 on the other thread

Comment

Nice Tips!

Comment

Alot of work on your part. Nice job.

Props!

Comment

If you want to do good anti-armor work, you need to commit these points to memory and never lose sight of them when hunting targets.

The number one problem with most anti-vehicle engineers today is that they are too impatient, too overconfident, and too eager to get into a duel on foot with a machine that weighs 20 tons.

If you can't do it with one shot, then be patient and wait until you can before exposing your position. Great post!

Comment

Nice job!
            But a rear hit to a tank with full health sets it on fire but still gives the driver time to escape if he has quick reflexes.

ps what about the tops of the tanks?

Comment

and thats why i <3 the reisig try and hit thos small red bits while moving

Comment

nice tips, the apc is helpful. i think the top of a tank works pretty good also.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond621
                  If you want to do good anti-armor work, you need to commit these points to memory and never lose sight of them when hunting targets.

The number one problem with most anti-vehicle engineers today is that they are too impatient, too overconfident, and too eager to get into a duel on foot with a machine that weighs 20 tons.

If you can't do it with one shot, then be patient and wait until you can before exposing your position. Great post!
                  Yeah I generally dislike vehicles in 2142... Nothing is more annoying than when you're doing good infantry work and a Walker comes up to blow your whole squad away, no skill required. So when there's a Walker around I make sure its taken down.

Originally posted by I..C..U
                  and thats why i <3 the reisig try and hit thos small red bits while moving
                  That's why there is a vulnerable back plate. Much larger than the vents and easier to hit when its moving

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
                  ps what about the tops of the tanks?
                  Yeah the top of the tank, including the secondary gunner position is green. Although it's relatively hard to hit, it would have been unfair for them to have made a weak spot protruding out the top of the tank.

Originally posted by Mattsville
                  I know that this is similar to a already stickied post "Armor and you - Hit them where it hurts" at:

But I still think this would be a good sticky as this thread has the screenshots right on the front page as opposed to page 11 on the other thread
                  Thanks. I originally posted in the "Armour & you" thread. I started the project back then and accumulated more since so I felt it needed its own thread.

n3cr0m4nc3r, Porthos, Icecronie: Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by K3Y
                    FAVs, Gunships, Hachimotos and Air Transports are pretty much self explanatory ... hit them with a Pilum anywhere and they die... although Air Transports take about 2 hits.
                    One pilum hit in the side openings on transports = instakill.

Comment

Originally posted by bravespear
                      One pilum hit in the side openings on transports = instakill.
                      Not true... A Pilum hit anywhere on an Air Transport takes off 60 points.

Comment

this is great. but i'm colorblind
                        why couldn't you have used some contrasting colors dammit!

Comment

Originally posted by K3Y
                          Not true... A Pilum hit anywhere on an Air Transport takes off 60 points.
                          Hmmm.... every transport I've shot in the open doors has been destroyed. Maybe they were all previously damaged.

Comment

Originally posted by C0de_X
                            Trust me, i know what you mean, i didn't even know there were some colored things, damn colorvision.!

Comment

Originally posted by C0de_X
                              LOL how unfortunate, although I have used contrasting colours: Green and red.

How could I colour it so you're able to see the contrast?

Comment

Working...
                              X