1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Any Pictures/Drawings Of Underside Of Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Sid, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Sid

Sid New Member

Are there any photots or detailed drawings of the underside of the 2005 Prius?

I accidentally drove (slowly) over the end of one of those cement parking space stops, I don't know what they're actually called, I heard some scraping. When I checked, I saw an area that had been scraped, but I don't think it was anything vital, just car frame, (not that I'm happy about it) while I was looking underneath, I saw a short length of tubing or insulated wire(s) right about in the center or right of center under where the front seats are and I was wondering what that is.
    The stiffening plate and its bolts were not scraped, just some of the frame under the front passenger area. Should I worry about rust now? Could I spray some primer on the scraped portion to inhibit any rust?

Thanks in advance for your help/suggestions! :)

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Here, check out joesdiner: http://gallery.joesdiner.com/gallery/Prius

That's the front page. Click on eithet the interior or the exterior. You indicated the undercarraige which means you want the exterior of course. But there are so many good pictures of the interior on joe's site that I figure you should know about those as well.

Enjoy!!

3. ken1784

ken1784 SuperMID designer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Are you looking for this kind of pic?

Ken@Japan

From Wayne's site...
    [​IMG]

4. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Heh, Ken beat me to the first one :)

[attachmentid=5000]

Attached Files:

5. Sid

Sid New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ken1784 @ Sep 13 2006, 09:08 AM) [snapback]318864[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks.
    The part I scraped is circled in RED, the wires/tubing I have a question about is in Green, the actual wires/tubing is not visible in this picture, but this is the area where it is.

Attached Files:

6. Sid

Sid New Member

So, does anyone know what the wire or tube is that is in the green circled area in my last post is?
    It's about 6 to 10 inches (15 to 25 cm) long and seems to come out from one part of the underside and go into another part. I don't know why it's not totally internal to the car. It looks to be 1 or 2 wires in an insulating sheath or tubing.

Thanks again.

7. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Could that wire/tube assembly be exhaust/catalytic/oxygen sensor tubing/wiring? Sure looks like it's part of the exhaust system if you follow the pipes.

8. Prius Pete

Prius Pete Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
  9. Sid

Sid New Member

Thanks Rick and Pete.