Independent Swedish Naval tree

McPuff

How should the tree be implemented?  

292 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the implementation of the Swedish Navy into War Thunder?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe/not interested
  2. 2. What role should Finland play in the tech tree?

• As researchable and as premium vessels
    • As premium vessels only
    • Not sure/not interested
    • Finnish vessels shouldn't be included in the tech tree

Could we see HM Pansarbåt Dristigheten too (Aka HMS Dristigheten)? With a pretty good armament of 2 x 210 mm cannons, 6 x 152 mm cannons, 10 x 57mm cannons and 2 x 45,7 cm torpedo tubes, it could

be a decent rank IV ship.

Swedish coast defence ship DRISTIGHETEN | laststandonzombieisland

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Just because Sweden doesn't really have that many light cruisers that could go into the tree, especially around 4.7-5.0, here's the 1929 design proposal for the Gotland.Gotland-1929.jpg.e8850a599a4993cf128d50b

Slightly larger and faster with all guns in turrets instead of having 1/3 of them in casemates. Not built due to budgetary restrictions.

Could be a step up from the actual Gotland in a similar manner to the Italian light cruiser line's progression.

Edited by SplatterBerries
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 18/07/2022 at 03:29, LelutooDS said:

Could we see HM Pansarbåt Dristigheten too (Aka HMS Dristigheten)? With a pretty good armament of 2 x 210 mm cannons, 6 x 152 mm cannons, 10 x 57mm cannons and 2 x 45,7 cm torpedo tubes, it could

be a decent rank IV ship.

Swedish coast defence ship DRISTIGHETEN | laststandonzombieisland

Certainly possible. When I originally created the tree I restricted myself to vessels with AA/which served during WW2 at the earliest. Dristigheten was rebuilt into a seaplane carrier in the 20s, hence why she wasn't included originally. But since theses ships will be more comparable to heavy cruisers in-game, I'll limit myself to these criteria for now since mostly battleships seem to be added in older formats.

On 20/08/2022 at 19:35, SplatterBerries said:

Just because Sweden doesn't really have that many light cruisers that could go into the tree, especially around 4.7-5.0, here's the 1929 design proposal for the Gotland. Gotland-1929.jpg.e8850a599a4993cf128d50b

Slightly larger and faster with all guns in turrets instead of having 1/3 of them in casemates. Not built due to budgetary restrictions.

Could be a step up from the actual Gotland in a similar manner to the Italian light cruiser line's progression.

Didn't consider her since there wasn't a very significant hole at that tier, but a good alternative. Might make a lineup of potential paper ships at some point

medal

Okay, big update:

• Added Finland to the main trees. Represented as two separate lines in the coastal tree, the fast attack craft Helsinki with the late Swedish torpedo boats, Ilmarinen and Väeinimönen coastal defence ships as a sub-line in the bluewater tree, and the SF40 as well as Jurmo (NEMO) as coastal premium vessels.
  • Added the Norwegian missile gunboat P960 Storm as a rank III premium, inspired by the addition of the Leopard 1A5NO
  • Moved a number of ships, both within and between trees
  • Added Kustförsvarsfartyg 1939 as a rank IV premium, ordered in 1939, yardspace was allocated but construction never began due to the outbreak of war
  • Added the armed icebreaker Ymer as a rank III premium by popular demand @pogus72
  • Added Älvsnabben (1961) to rank V coastal
  • Replaced Pansarskepp Ansaldo with Artillerifartyg C-1, a seemlingly related but more developed design

For anyone with good knowledge or sources on the Finnish Navy, corrections and suggestions for additional vessels are most welcome!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
medal

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, CalleSkauning said:

@McPuffSince submarines are most likely coming to war thunder could you make an TT for swedish subs aswell (including other nordic subs if there are any)?

Let's wait till they are actually said to be coming. Or at least for evidence.

• Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

10 hours ago, Fireraid233 said:

Let's wait till they are actually said to be coming. Or at least for evidence.

The voice lines are the only evidence you need to confirm that they are coming at some point, gaijin is not the publisher to let any € be wasted. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/01/2023 at 19:28, CalleSkauning said:

@McPuffSince submarines are most likely coming to war thunder could you make an TT for swedish subs aswell (including other nordic subs if there are any)?

I'm already working on it, but I'm not planning on posting anything until Gaijin officially moves to implement submarines. Same reason I haven't added vessels with more capable ASMs yet. Sweden, Norway, Denmark, and Finland have all built and operated domestic submarines in the past. Of these, only Sweden and Norway still operate submarines. There is definitely good potential for a submarine line/tree, albeit that nordic submarines have generally been smaller than those of major powers

medal

On 29/01/2023 at 20:11, CalleSkauning said:

Sweden needs the Helikopter 4C when their navy is added.  Helikopter 4 Boeing Vertol 407, Kawasaki KV407 Marinflygets arbetshäst | Aeroseum Helikopter 4 Boeing Vertol 407, Kawasaki KV407

ASW helicopters would be very interesting to see in WT, but I doubt they'd have a role to play unless subs are added. Sweden also had the Hkp 6 which could be armed with depth charges. But in terms of aviation, there's the T 2 torpedo bomber, maybe the T 16 and potentially the Norwegian N-3PB Nomad that could be very interesting to see in support of naval. Not to mention the prospect of ASMs like Rb 04 now that the Kormoran has been added

• Upvote 1
medal

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/03/2023 at 11:46, karnitin75 said:

well if the people of the baguette is getting a navy sweden should get it soon +100 for me

They still got it very late. They had the 4/5th biggest navy in the world, bigger than the soviet and german navy combined at the start of WWII. The swedish navy wasn't that big, but I hope it will come soon and before the Chinese one.

medal medal

Update: Added 18 new vessels, 3 for bluewater and 15 for coastal. This was enough to require the creation of a new line resulting in five lines of progress in the coastal tree. A number of vessels have also been moved. For bluewater I've expanded with some pre-1930s configuration ships in the form of the coastal defence ship Dristigheten and a new version of both Fylgia and Sverige have been added. The coastal additions include two export versions of the Spica-type hull form, CG5 Barracuda and KD Handalan, as well as the Estonian PVL 105 Torm which is an Estonian version of the previously added Norwegian P960. These are in turn related to the new Swedish patrol boats Munin, Styrbjörn, and Jägaren which derive from this Norwegian design. Denmark is now also represented in the form of P550 Flyvefisken, a Danish patrol vessel built in Sweden. Another notable addition is that the Strb 90H is now featured in the coastal tree in four weapon configurations. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
medal