Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

m-vave chocolate bt midi controller used with pocket pod

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

A PocketPOD is not a stand-alone MIDI device. It doesn't have any MIDI in/out ports of its own. It has a USB port, that when connected to a PC (Windows, mac, Linux) given the right drivers, will create a MIDI port for it. I'm not sure how you're supposed to connect a foot pedal to a Pocket POD in this set-up. If you were to connect a foot pedal and a pocket pod to a laptop, you could potentially cross-connect them in MIDI land somehow, but you may need to do some MIDI mapping. There's a Line6 MIDI controls reference here: https://line6.com/data/l/0a06000f1344c45ecbcd6e0293/application/pdf/MIDI Continuous Controller Reference , but it doesn't mention the PocketPOD even though it is not far off a POD 2.0 device with a bunch of controls removed.

Good luck in your endeavour! 

• 2 weeks later...

@vieiraspm Hi again. You got me interested in M-Vave Chocolate and I ordered myself Chocolate + MS1 device combo. The post came today and I had to try them out. I am pleasantly surprised, but it turns out, it IS possible to connect Chocolate to PocketPOD using MS1's MIDI "B" module.

Right off the bat Chocolate and MIDI "B" connect, but nothing happens when I press buttons on the chocolate. I had to get the M-Vave CubeSuite software to connect to the MIDI "B" and put it in the "HOST ONLY MODE" (it was in OTG mode by default). After that, when I closed the app and Chocolate connected to MIDI "B" again, the buttons on the Chocolate device switched things on the PocketPOD.

@vieiraspm

11779782_pocket-podchocolate-1.thumb.jpg.8754729ad14ebb779cd64b2d25df527a.jpg