Did you mean: 

Change language in AutoCAD

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
nicolas.parent
121471 Views, 8 Replies

Change language in AutoCAD

I'm using LT 2015 64 bits in French and I would like to switch my version to the english version. Installing the language pack was not the solution because the commands introduced with the keyboards are still in french. So I guess I have to uninstall the French version and then install the Eng version. Is my actual serial n° usable when I will be reinstalling the product in english ? Best regards, Nicolas Parent.

Edited by @Tarek_K: Deleted serial number

@nicolas.parent
john.vellek has edited your subject line for clarity:Language change

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hi,

>> I'm using LT 2015 64 bits in French and I would like to switch my version to the english version

And landed in the German user forum 😉

Anyway: please don't post serial numbers in public forums.

And the answer: you can install a language pack for your AutoCAD from that source: >>>click<<<

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 9

Hi @nicolas.parent,

Welcome to the Community!

Start by adding English in Windows (if you haven't already)

Next, download the English Language pack and install it. If that doesn't work let me know.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 9

Hi, Thank you Alfred and John for your answers and for your good care (regarding my serial n°). I already installed the english language pack. The bars, menus... are indead in english now but the commands line (and keyboards shorcuts) are still in french. For exemple: when I try to remove something when using the stretch function, I have to use the "S" key for "Supprimer" and not "R" for "Remove". Best regards, Nicolas

Message 5 of 9

Hi Nicolas, can you paste here your command line dialog with your Stretch command example please? Thanks.

This is my dialog in a french AutoCAD:

Commande: _stretch
Choix des objets à étirer par fenêtre de capture ou polygone...
Sélectionner des objets: Spécifiez le coin opposé: 1 trouvé(s)
Sélectionner des objets: S
Supprimer les objets:

This is the same thing in an english AutoCAD:

Command: _stretch
Select objects to stretch by crossing-window or crossing-polygon...
Select objects: Specify opposite corner: 1 found
Select objects: R
Remove objects:

Patrick Emin animateur de la communauté francophone

Vous avez trouvé un message utile? Alors donnez un "J'aime" à ce message!
Votre question a eu une réponse satisfaisante? Voulez vous avoir l'amabilité de cliquer sur le bouton
 APPROUVER LA SOLUTION  en bas de la réponse qui apporte une solution?
Signez notre Livre d'Or
Message 6 of 9

Hi Patrick, I know that it's normal but I want my Autocad to be in english to use the english keys (just like on my other workstation) Nicolas
Message 7 of 9

Hi @nicolas.parent,

I found this old thread and realized that your question was not resolved.

I assume you installed the English Language pack.  Did you also try to change the Properties of your desktop shortcut for AutoCAD  with -lang en-US?

I did this in my AutoCAD with installing the Italian language pack and then setting the language switch on the desktop shortcut.

Capture.PNG

You can also access English commands if you type an underscore in front of the command).

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 8 of 9
a.xero93
in reply to: john.vellek

Hello, what about Autocad 2007? I could not find any language pack for 2007 neither I found the option.  

Message 9 of 9

but how?

now i have problem in my work place

haha

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost