Did you mean: 

Autocad License activation code

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
23537 Views, 8 Replies

Autocad License activation code

I purchased AutoCAD 2016 from Amazon and downloaded it onto mycomputer.  I have been waiting for an email or some way to obtain my acitvation codes so that I can use the product past the free trial period.  THe trial is up tomorrow and I can't find a way on the website to get help with this issue.  When I log onto my account management page, it doesn't even show that I have purchased it.  Can anyone help?

Thank you,

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
wispoxy
in reply to: Anonymous

Manually Activating Your Autodesk Software

If you need to activate your software on a computer that doesn't have Internet access, you can activate your software manually. Here are the three steps to the manual activation process:

1. Generate a Request Code
  2. Request an Activation Code
  3. Activate your Software Manually

Notes About Manual Activation

• Valid Serial Number Required: This process illustrated below only works with a valid serial number and matching product key.

• Disable Internet Connection: You need to disable your Internet connection to see the manual activation screens illustrated below. If your computer is connected to the Internet, the software will assume you want to activate your software automatically over the Internet.

• Activation via "Free Trial" mode: If you purchased your software and didn't use it as a Free Trial, you still need to activate your software from the Free Trial screen. Your software will assume you are using it as a trial until it is activated with a valid paid license.

• Activation Codes Sent Via Email: After you complete the Web form to request an Activation Code, it may take up to 48 hours to receive a response via email.

• Contact Us for Assistance: If you receive an "Invalid Serial Number" error or encounter other issues with software activation, please Contact Us for assistance. Click the button on the contact page that best describes your issue to see available contact options. For self-service options, see Troubleshooting Activation Errorsbelow.

Note:  You can also activate your software automatically over the Internet.

1. Generate a Request Code

After you install your software, you can use it on a trial basis until you receive your Activation Code from Autodesk. It may take up to 48 hours to receive an Activation Code via email.

To generate a request code to activate your software:

1. Disable your Internet connection and launch your software. This is an offlineprocess. The screens below will only appear if your computer is not connected to the Internet.

2. Click the Activate button on the Free Trial screen.

Note: Autodesk software products will operate on a Free Trial license until activated. If you purchased your software and didn't use it as a Free Trial, you still need to activate your software from the Free Trial screen.

Image of the 3DS Max 2015 activation screen showing days remaining in a trial.

3. Enter your Serial Number and Product Key and click the Next button.

Image of the 3ds Max activation screen showing the serial number and product key entered.

4. Select "Request an activation code using an offline method" and click the Next button.

Note: You will only receive this screen and option if you are using a computer that has no active Internet connection. If your computer is connected to the Internet, the software will assume you want to activate automatically over the Internet.

5. Record the activation information provided.

Note: You'll need your product name, serial number, product key, and request code when you submit your request for an activation code on another computer. You can file an email request using the address provided or visit register.autodesk.com. See Request an Activation Code for information. The request code shown is for example only and will not work if used.  

6. Click the Close button to exit the wizard and resume using your software in Free Trial mode.

Return to Top

2. Request an Activation Code

To activate your software without an Internet connection, you'll have to complete an Activation Code request on a computer that does have Internet access. You can get an Activation Code instantly at register.autodesk.com or submit a Web request to receive an Activation Code via email (may take up to 48 hours).

To get an Activation Code from online Product Registration & Activation:

1. Visit register.autodesk.com and sign in using your Autodesk Account information. If you don't have an Autodesk Account, follow the onscreen prompts to create one.

Note: The Product Registration & Activation website requires you to use your Autodesk ID to sign in and not your email address. If you don't know your Autodesk ID, you can sign in at accounts.autodesk.com using your email address and password to view your ID, which is listed under Profile/Security Settings.

2. Select your Operating System and enter your Serial Number. Click Next to continue.

3. Select the product that matches the serial number you entered. Click Next to continue.

4. Select a previously entered account if you registered software before or enter new account information. This is the name and address you wish to use for your software registration. Click Next to continue.

5. Verify your registration information and enter your Request Code where prompted. Click Next to continue.

image of the autodesk product registration website where the Request Code is entered to receive an Activation Code.

6. Print or save your registration information, especially your Activation Code. This is the information you'll enter when you activate your software manually from the Free Trial screen.

Image of an activation code from the product registration and activation screen.

To submit a Web request to receive an Activation Code via email:

1. Visit the Activation Help Request Form.

2. Select "Registration or activation of a product" when asked what type of help you need.

Image of the Autodesk Knowledge Network License Assistance form with activation help selected.

3. Enter the Product and Registration information requested.

Image of the offline activation code request form with product information entered.

4. Enter the characters from the security image, select the box next to the Autodesk Privacy Statement, and click the Next button to continue.

Image of the submission section of the activation code request form.

Return to Top

3. Activate your Software Manually

After you receive your Activation Code via email (typically within 48 hours or sooner), you can enter it and finish your software activation.

To activate your software manually:

1. Disable your Internet connection and launch your software. Click the Activate button on the Free Trial screen.

Note: You will only see manual activation screens if you are using a computer that has no active Internet connection. If your computer is connected to the Internet, the software will assume you want to activate automatically over the Internet.

Autodesk software products will operate on a Free Trial license until activated. If you purchased your software and didn't use it as a Free Trial, you still need to activate your software from the Free Trial screen.

Image of the 3DS Max 2015 activation screen showing days remaining in a trial.

2. Enter your Serial Number and Product Key and click the Next button.

Image of the 3ds Max activation screen showing the serial number and product key entered.

3. Select "I have an activation code from Autodesk" and then enter your activation code in the spaces provided. Click Next to complete your manual activation.

Note:  If you copy and paste the entire activation code into the first field it will automatically fill in all remaining fields as necessary.

Image of the 3ds Max activation screen showing the option to enter an activation code to finalize offline activation.

Return to Top

Troubleshooting Activation Errors

Having trouble? Information about troubleshooting activation errors can be found in the following articles:

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: wispoxy

I don't have the required serial number and product key to start trying to do a manual activation.  I bought it through Amazon and all I got was an email letting me know that I purchased it and a link to my account at autodesk.com.

And on my Autodesk account, it doesn't even list AutoCAD 2016 as one of my software.
Message 4 of 9
Patchy

I would be calling amazon and talk to them, did you buy autocad LT  or full version?

If amazon gives you the run around (they did to me with anonther product) and you paid with credit card, call your cc company and they will fix it.

In my case they said the product I bought was sold by a sub company and didn't want to help.

Message 5 of 9
tpaul_hei
in reply to: Patchy

I second what Patchy said, you never really know if your buying a legitimate licensed product if your not buying through an authorized seller or vendor of Autodesk products.  

Bottom line is if you paid for the software and they fail to provide you a working serial number and product key then they are not selling you a legitimate software license.  If that is the case make sure you take steps to get your money back and notify Amazon customer service about the incident.

If you feel that the seller was not selling legitimate software that is licensed through Autodesk, make sure to contact Autodesk as well and inform them of the company or seller and what they did. I know Autodesk will take your report very seriously and investigate the seller.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: tpaul_hei

I have called Amazon and thy were no help.  It is a sold by Autodesk through Amazon so I know that it is a legit copy.

Amazon said that they show it as activated on their end and can't do anything further since they are jus the retailer.

Does anybody have a number for Autodesk that I can call to talk to someone?  I have tried to look online but I hate the online help that has you trying to describe your problem by pushing different buttons and then it takes you to a solution screen that doesn't help.

Message 7 of 9
Patchy

Amazon stinks and Autodesk is right behind it, no phone support unless you buy subsciption with them, all you will get is email to them and may be chat.

It's saturday so i guess you can fill out the case number or your email and they they will call you.

Fill it out at:

https://store.autodesk.com/store?Action=DisplayContactFormPage&Env=BASE&Locale=en_US&SiteID=adskus&T...

Capture.JPG

Message 8 of 9
saryan18063KURF
in reply to: wispoxy

I need activation code autocad 2017 with serial number xxx-xxxxxxxx and produck key 001I1, please help me, tks.

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: saryan18063KURF

@saryan18063KURF 

this is not the place to request such info

contact your reseller

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Autodesk Design & Make Report